Research and Programme Officer Job at International Organization for Migration… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at International Organization for Migration.
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links are affiliate links.
Looking for something new? Why not check out Amazon? They've got a huge selection of products to choose from. Happy shopping! Go to Amazon
- Coordinate and supervise successive iterations of the Community Stabilization Index (COSI) in Lower Shabelle (and potential expansion to other locations), including contributing to work plan development and coordination, budget monitoring, procurement, recruitment, donor reporting, execution of data collection plan and overall analysis of data.
- Facilitate expansion of COSI to new locations in Somalia through information sharing and other engagement with potential donors, key partners, and the communities of practice around stabilization research in Somalia and beyond.
- Coordinate research and analysis in support of IOM Transition and Recovery Pillar
- Coordinate with FAO counterparts in support of the PBF IOM-FAO project, support contracting of key implementing partner, and the procurement process, facilitate coordination of the programme team with the implementing partner on the ground, ensure monitoring and tracking of indicators, progress and achievements, draft reporting to the donor, and of communications materials for the project.
- Support overall unit by contributing to the development of visibility and communications products in accordance with a communications plan and donor compliance for dissemination to help increase IOM Community Stabilization visibility through drafting press notes, thematic features, and success stories with accompanying photographs of Community Stabilization
- Programme activities, and support via graphic design, and reviewing content of project level visibility products such as short brochures, fact sheets, photo products and activity booklets.
- Undertake duty travels to Somalia to support monitoring, donor visits, capacity building, and technical support for activity implementation and visibility efforts as needed.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Conflict, African Studies, Development Studies,
- International Relations or a related field from accredited academic institution with two years of
- relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in migration and community driven development initiatives.
- Experience in developing, coordinating multi-site perception surveys with a focus on
- community stabilization and migration issues.
- Experience triangulating perception survey results objective information, public datasets, and
- with desk review to draft final reports from large-scale research projects.
- Experience coordinating with other sub-units and stabilization partners in a fast-paced,
- results-oriented environment is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 15th March 2022.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.