Reviser Job, French at United Nations Office at Nairobi… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at United Nations Office at Nairobi.
- Revises translations dealing with a broad range of subjects dealt with by the United Nations, while meeting or exceeding required workload standards.
- Translates, mostly without revision, texts covering a broad range of subjects dealt with by the United Nations, particularly those subjects requiring experience and recognized proficiency, while meeting or exceeding required workload standards; makes full use of standard computer-assisted-translation (CAT) tools and actively contributes to their utilization and implementation of any related IT tools and improvements.
- Develops new terminology for use where none exists in the target language.
- Carries out linguistic research and provides input to multilingual terminology database and related reference tools and acts as focal point for these activities as required.
- Validates new terminology and coordinates terminology work with other duty stations and international organizations.
- Counsels and assists translators and briefs them on the procedures and practices of the Unit, terminology and a broad range of subjects, as required.
- Assists the Chief of Unit/Senior Reviser in administrative and operational responsibilities as required.
- Supervises the work of small groups of translators during meetings by acting as focal point for meetings, including during staggered and night shifts.
- Performs quality control of outsourced documents.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- A first-level degree from a university or institution of equivalent status is required.
- Candidates for this position must have passed the combined United Nations Language Competitive Examination for Translators/Précis-writers, Editors, Verbatim Reporters and Copy Preparers/ Proof-readers/ Production Editors in the relevant language or any United Nations language competitive examination in the French language held before 2017.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive responsible experience in translation, précis-writing, editing, self-revision, verbatim reporting, copy preparing, proofreading or production editing is required.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.