Rheumatologist Job at Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital.
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital (KUTRRH) is a leading National Referral Hospital with a 650 bed capacity and equipped with state-of-art medical amenities. The hospital is well equiped to offer Oncology, Trauma & Orthopedics, Renal among other services.
- Reviewing patients and instructing in writing and ensuring all the recommendations are carried out.
- Undertaking on call duties including clerking, investigating, and managing patients.
- Conducting ward rounds, clinics and theatre days as scheduled/directed.
- Conduct medical research
- Training, supervising, and mentoring Clinical Officers, Medical Officers, Medical Interns, and other students.
- Undertaking medico-legal duties including filling of P.3 forms and court attendance.
- Undertaking medical examinations and preparing Medical Reports.
- Participating in community outreach duties including care and treatment.
- Ensuring data and information is collected, transmitted, and utilized to the benefit of the customer and service provider.
- Conducting disease surveillance, prevention, and control.
- Carrying out health education and promotion.
- Refer patients to other medical specialists for further diagnosis of complex or unclear disorder or disease within the hospital.
- Establish plan of care for patients, centered on slowing the progress of their disease or disorder, and incorporate diet and lifestyle changes, as well as monitored medications within or without the hospital.
- Any other duties as directed by the Head of the Department.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from a recognized institution.
- Master of Medicine in Pediatrics and Child Health or Internal Medicine from a recognized institution.
- Subspecialty/fellowship training in Rheumatology from a recognized institution.
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council (KMPDC).
- Recognition as a specialist by the KMPDC.
- Valid Practice License.
- Professional Insurance Indemnity Cover.
- vKnowledge of relevant legislations.
- Knowledge of professional standards.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Proven track record of medical research and training.
- At least one (1) year of working experience as a Rheumatologist in a busy hospital.
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application Letter and Form to careers.kutrrh.go.ke
Use JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER] as the subject of the email.
Applications close on 12th August 2022.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.