Application for the Rhodes University CSSR Bursaries – 2022 Entry is now open for all interested students, who meet all of the eligibility & criteria listed below.
The Critical Studies in Sexualities and Reproduction (CSSR) (Department of Psychology, Rhodes University) is pleased to announce a call for applications for Masters and PhD student funding as well as for a Postdoctoral Fellow.
The applications are open to full-time students for the following periods:
- Masters: 2022-2023
- PhD: 2022-2024
- Postdoctoral Fellow: 2022 (renewable)
Successful candidates will join a research team working on one of the following projects:
- al*cohol use during pregnancy;
- health justice in-service nursing training for LGBT healthcare;
- sexual and reproductive citizenship and youth empowerment programmes;
- long-acting reversible contraceptives;
- abor*tion counselling certificate course.
ERICSSON INNOVATION AWARDS ELIGIBILITY & APPLICATION INSTRUCTION
The entry age requirement is 28, 30 and 32 years or younger for Honours, Masters and Doctoral studies respectively, in the year of application, regardless of first year of registration. Successful applicants will be funded either at Full Cost Study (FCS) or Partial Cost of Study (PCS). The FCS funding will be awarded to South African citizens and Permanent Residents only, who are either financially needy (i.e., those whose combined household family income is less or equal to R350 000 per annum), living with a disability or exceptional academic achievers.
However, the PCS funding may be awarded to international students, South African citizens and Permanent Residents who could not be funded under FCS but meet other minimum requirements for the NRF scholarship funding criteria.
How to Apply
Please submit the following documents to [email protected]:
- Curriculum vitae
- Full academic transcript
- Certified copy of ID
- A sample of your writing
- A cover letter indicating your interest in studying through CSSR as well as the areas of research in which you are interested;
- Academic references (one for Masters; two for PhD and post-doctoral fellow, one of whom must be the current supervisor).
If you are accepted by the CSSR to apply for the bursary, you will have to submit the relevant documents on the NRF website. The closing date for the NRF submission is 17 July 2021 for Masters and PhD and 27 August 2021 for Postdocs.
Application Deadline and Dates
- Application Deadline: The CSSR internal deadline for submissions is 25 June 2021. Late submission will not be accepted.