Ripener Job at Twiga Foods… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Twiga Foods.
- Implement all aspects related to the set Twiga’s ripening program to ensure compliance with customer ripening requirements and expectations.
- Regularly set and participate in updating the ripening program to grow business and proactively prevent customer issues.
- Inventory Risk Management: conducting quality inspections, and the implementation of ripening cycles and processes, data recording, ripening room management and ripening.
- Manage inventory on a daily and weekly basis and perform daily ripening inventory management and reconcile as needed with Finance
- Data Capture & Reporting: Conducting inventory cycle counts to verify against the ripening schedule and promptly inform on risks on order fulfillment to sales or over-stocking risks from sourcing based on ripening chambers capacity and days required to ripen stock
- Perform quality inspections of product upon arrival and ensure product and location documentation is maintained daily; to include inspection logs, inventory control logs, ripening room logs and warehouse supply logs.
- Keeping Real-time records of banana inventory levels against sales forecasts and targets while ensuring minimal post-ripening losses.
- Quality & Safety: Manage the quality standards for ripening to minimize ripening losses for all fruits as well as to deliver the organization’s promise of low-cost quality and safe food.
- Maintaining a safe and healthy work environment that is OSHA compliant; establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Excellent knowledge and training on ripening procedures, tools, equipment and systems.
- Previous technical, quality assurance, the management or supervisory experience related to producing ripening.
- Strong understanding of mathematics and basic science concepts in chemistry, biology, and physics.
- Prior experience in banana/avocado ripening and/or produce warehouse operations, with banana ripening activities or similar.
- Knowledge of fresh produce transportation, retail produce handling and merchandising, and post-harvest handling of fresh produce.
- Experience in the food industry is highly regarded.
How to Apply
Interested and suitable applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 15th November 2021.