Application for the SANParks GIS Technician Internship – 2021 Entry is now open by SANParks for all outstanding applicants.
SANParks is offering an Internship opportunity to unemployed and prospective graduates to apply in the fields that are in line with the Corporation’s core business. The Corporation is therefore inviting applications for the SANParks GIS Technician Internship Programme that runs for a maximum period of 12 months in the following disciplines/fields of study.
The SANParks GIS Technician Internship Programme uses a fully integrated approach that combines theory with practical training and leads to a recognized qualification/certification. SANParks provides an internship opportunity in the following areas listed below:
- GIS Technician
This internship opportunity is situated at the following locations in South Africa:
- Cape Town
Update: How to Apply for the 2021 RCL Foods Mechanical Engineering Internship Programme
SANPARKS GIS TECHNICIAN INTERNSHIP ROLES, APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors honours degree in Environmental Science, Ecology or Biological Sciences with some GIS software experience.
- Technical support (data management and analysis) for donor-funded projects
- Maps and statistics in support of the GEF project
- Assist the conservation planner with managing and curating the spatial data for the GEF
- Provide mapping and conservation planning in support of various projects, including technical support for the establishment of the Grasslands NP
- Support the GIS data curation, planning and prioritisation processes for the new Grassland NP.
SANPARKS GIS TECHNICIAN INTERNSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS – HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above position. The position is for a GIS Technician Intern that will be stationed in the Cape Town Office. Please address your application letter, accompanied by a CV and copy of your highest school or tertiary qualification, along with a certified ID copy via email to: [email protected].
Applications that have not been responded to within 14 days should be regarded as unsuccessful.
- Applications should reach the SC Johnson team on time, at most 23rd July 2021. As it is indicated for each position of interest above.