Application for the SEARCA’s Full Master’s and PhD International Awards in Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the Southeast Asian Regional Center.
SEARCA provides funding to SEAMEO member countries’ nationals, i.e., Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste, and Vietnam. It focuses on supporting scholars to pursue advanced studies leading to masters and doctoral degrees in agriculture, forestry, and related sciences. The SEARCA’s Full Master’s and PhD The studentships are providing the following given benefits to the outstanding and talented scholars for their masters or PhD degree: Covers tuition and other school fees; Travel allowance (roundtrip air ticket from home country to study post and local transportation); Thesis/dissertation support; Book and supplies allowance; Health insurance; and Stipend for food, lodging and incidental expenses.
Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), established on November 27 1966, is one of the oldest amidst 26 professional institutes of the SEAMEO. SEARCA is mandated to encourage institutional potentials in agricultural and rural improvement in Southeast Asia.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
SEARCA’S AWARDS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Citizens of Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste, and Vietnam.
- The bursary is available for the master’s and PhD degree programs in agriculture or related sciences.
- Be a citizen of the eligible countries
- Must not be more than 35 (Master’s Degree) or 40 (PhD) years of age at the time of application
- Proposed thesis research should focus on SEARCA’s overarching theme of Accelerating Transformation Through Agricultural Innovation(ATTAIN) with the following priority areas: Agri-Business Models for Increased Productivity and Income, Sustainable Farming Systems and Natural Resource Management, Food and Nutrition Security, Transformational Leadership for Agricultural and Rural Development (ARD), Gender and Youth Engagement in ARD, Enhanced ARD towards Climate Resilience, and EcoHealth/One Health Applications to ARD;
- Areas of specialization that scholarship applicants must pursue should be in agriculture or related sciences, which include but are not limited to those that fall under the following program clusters: Agricultural/Biological Sciences, Agro-industrial Technology and Engineering, Economics and Agribusiness, Environmental Sciences, Forestry and Fisheries, and Social Sciences.
- Aspirants must fulfil the required conditions for the applied degree field at the chosen University.
- Applicants must provide evidence of English language ability through various certificates like GMAT, IELTS or TOEFL, etc.
SEARCA’S AWARDS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Application must include:
- An original or certified true copy of the transcript of academic records bearing the seal of the University and original signature of the Registrar or Head of the University;
- Original or certified true copies of certificates of completion/diploma for every degree completed;
- Certificate of employment;
- Endorsement from the employer;
- Updated curriculum vitae;
- Brief description of the research the applicant plans to conduct for thesis/dissertation;
- Certification from a medical doctor that the applicant is in good physical and mental health condition and is fit to undertake graduate studies;
- IELTS result (6.0) or TOEFL iBT result (75) taken within two years before application, as proof of English proficiency.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before July 31 annual will be considered.