Senior Associate, Advocacy Job at Rainforest Alliance…See Details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Rainforest Alliance.
The Rainforest Alliance is a growing network of people who are inspired and committed to working together to achieve our mission of conserving biodiversity and ensuring sustainable livelihoods.
- Senior Associate, Advocacy
- Contribute to the development of advocacy strategy in East Africa – with support from Head of Advocacy, Advocacy Leads, Director East Africa and Country Directors.
- Build and maintain relationships with important stakeholders in Kenya (CSOs, NGOs, trade unions, platforms, etc.) and in particular work with the tea and coffee sectors.
- In close collaboration with the Kenya team, develop and implement a Kenya advocacy strategy that contributes to the overall Kenya country strategy.
- Ensure advocacy plans are aligned and contribute to sub-region and sector strategies.
- Advice on new advocacy and governmental affairs opportunities and requirements within Kenya and in the sub-region and contribute to writing and budgeting of fundraising proposals in the sub-region.
- Initiate and organize meetings and participate in discussions with relevant groups and stakeholders to advance Rainforest Alliance’s advocacy agenda.
- Represent Rainforest Alliance at relevant events, external forums and conferences, and in various consultation structures.
- Degree in social sciences, public policy, communications, or related.
- At least 5 years experience with planning, managing and implementing advocacy or public affairs strategies.
- Knowledge of the tea and/or coffee sector is desirable.
- Political and/or civil society network in Kenya a plus.
- Strategic and analytical thinker.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written. Kiswahili and additional languages are a bonus.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply
Application Deadline: 23rd September 2021.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.