Senior Communications Officers Job at African Population and Health Research Center… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at African Population and Health Research Center.
APHRC is a leading pan-African research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, that conducts high quality policy-relevant research on population, health, education, urbanization and related development issues across Africa.
- Develop and implement an integrated 360 degrees communications strategy for the countdown 2030 project;
- Develop content and lead in the design of policy briefs, fact sheets and other communication/advocacy collateral in liaison with country implementing partners and Countdown management;
- Manage media relations, support the delivery of press opportunities – press releases, radio and televised interviews of project partners, staff and other stakeholders;
- Coordinate input and develop content for the Countdown webpage;
- Maintain, update and actively use social media tools and sites (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) for regular initiatives of the project;
- Provide technical guidance on how to use media and communications to advance upcoming technical and programmatic activities;
- Attend regular communication, technical and other meetings assigned, and provide input based on lessons from past media and communications activities including social media;
- Participate in, and provide direction on project’s communication at country and regional levels;
- Lead the production of any documentation that will be used for publicity, visibility and advocacy; and
- Conduct monitoring and impact evaluation of communications activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, communications, public relations or related field.
- At least nine (9) years of post-qualification experience in communications and public relations, preferably in an international organization.
- Understanding of graphic design and desktop publishing, including Microsoft Publisher and Adobe or Corel suites.
- Visual media skills including use of still and video camera; ability to develop video storyboards and basic editing.
- Excellent editing and writing skills as well as ability to translate complex scientific facts into accessible messages for general audiences.
- Proficiency in MS Office, content management systems and social media platforms.
- Networking, interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills coupled with resourcefulness, initiative and maturity of judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
Specifics for the Senegal based position:
- Experience working in Francophone Africa.
- Excellent oral and written communication in both English and French.
- Excellent existing network of media contacts in the West Africa region
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.