Senior Product Manager Job, Platform at Wikimedia Foundation… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Wikimedia Foundation.
The Wikimedia Foundation is the nonprofit that hosts Wikipedia and our other free knowledge projects. We want to make it easier for everyone to share what they know. To do this, we keep Wikipedia and Wikimedia sites fast, reliable, and available to all.
- Developing a deep understanding of critical areas of our front-end technology stack, identifying opportunities to improve, extend, and/or leverage existing and new technologies to deliver against our mission and strategy
- Translating product/technical strategy into a roadmap containing well-defined and prioritized user stories and features
- Working with the Design Systems Team to manage incoming requests, including triaging, clarifying, generating estimates, prioritizing, and managing stakeholder expectations
- Establishing clear guidelines and methodologies to support development, adoption, and ongoing maintenance of a Design System
- Uncovering and understanding client needs and translating them into requirements and user stories
- Ensuring that requirements are fully understood and implementation plans match expectations
- Partnering with the Movement to assess and address technical risks
- Working closely with engineering teams to communicate the product vision, clarify use cases and requirements, and resolve questions and issues that arise during development.
- Clearly defining success criteria for testing and product acceptance
- Using both qualitative and quantitative methods to measure the impact of your work
- Serving as a product evangelist and subject matter expert to the technical community
- Establishing and analyzing important metrics related to design system usage that inform product decisions
- Managing a governance and contribution model that facilitates collaboration across designers, engineers, and the community
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience designing and building web and/or mobile products as a technical product manager, software engineer, or equivalent role
- Proven project, communication, and time management skills
- Agility and flexibility to work with multiple different teams, projects, and technologies while delivering value and impact
- Ability to partner and work closely with internal teams, including developers, engineers, architects, security, and product teams.
- Strong understanding of development concepts
- Demonstrated experience prioritizing work
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex technical requirements to non-technical audiences, as well as turn non-technical requirements into specs that engineering teams can execute against.
- Ability to solve complex business problems to maximize value while balancing technical constraints
- Able to draft documentation and visualizations that clarify technical concepts to non-technical audiences and vice-versa
- Direct experience in companies or initiatives that have pulled together disparate products or services into a common experience for customers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant work experience
Method of Application
Closing Date: 30th September 2022.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.