Senior Reviser (French) Job at United Nations…See Details on how to apply for the opportunities available at United Nations.
The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization to promotes international cooperation. A replacement for the ineffective League of Nations, the organization was established on 24 October 1945.
- Senior Reviser (French)
- Revises translations and original summary records dealing with subjects of an exceptionally sensitive, complex, or technical nature, while meeting or exceeding required workload standards.
- Translates texts of an exceptionally sensitive, complex, or technical nature, while meeting or exceeding required workload standards.
- Makes full use of standard computer-assisted-translation (CAT) tools and assists the Chief of TES in promoting their utilization and in implementing any related IT tools and improvements.
- Directs the conduct of terminological research within the translation unit.
- Assists the Chief of TES in the preparation of terminology materials to meet the needs of the section.
- Performs quality control of contractual translations and monitors the quality of all documents processed by the unit.
- Assists the Chief of TES in selecting texts for United Nations competitive examinations, in marking candidates’ scripts and in evaluating results.
- Supervises staff within the unit; this includes performance management.
- May serve as officer-in-charge in the absence of the Chief of TES.
- A first-level degree from a university or institution of equivalent status is required.
- Candidates for this position must have passed the relevant combined United Nations Language Competitive Examination for Translators/Précis-writers, Editors, Verbatim Reporters and Copy Preparers/Proofreaders/Production Editors or the relevant UN language competitive examinations held before 2017.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in translation, précis-writing, editing, self-revision, verbatim reporting, copy preparing, proofreading or production editing is required.
- Experience in the use of standard CAT tools is required.
- Eight years of working experience within a multilingual setting is required.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written French, which must be the candidate’s main language, is required.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 10th November 2021.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.