Shift Technician (Mechanical) Job at Diageo… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Diageo.
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links are affiliate links.
Looking for something new? Why not check out Amazon? They've got a huge selection of products to choose from. Happy shopping! Go to Amazon
- Provide builds into maintenance plans, weekly, monthly & annual in liaison with planner, E&I Engineer and ACM.
- Spearhead continuous improvement activities.
- Implementation of engineering and maintenance issues within agreed standards.
- Spearhead problem solving in liaison with ACM and E&I Eng.
- Decide on temporary remedial measures and modification on Mechanical systems to sustain production while arrangements for permanent solution are being made.
- Freedom of action within company policy and procedures.
- Evaluation of the quality of spares supplied.
- Recommend stocking of non-stock items.
- Area Engineer administratively and on day-to-day activities
- Site safety team on PTW system, safety standards i.e. providing Engineering solutions through ERICPD, SFIP, SIRC closure
- Stores manager on receipt of ordered services stock and non-stock.
- Electrical and Instruments Engineer in relation to maintenance, plant modifications, breakdown maintenance and continuous improvements.
- Procurement on supplier reviews, spares acquisition and resolving TQ
- Shift Managers and operators in site operations.
- Quality manager on equipment efficiency validation and defect identification and elimination
- Utilities team on utilities optimization
- OPEX team through MMS on driving best practices, DMAICs and process codification.
- Work with External contractors on commissioning of contracted new installations and supervision of repair/service and maintenance works.
Decision Making Authority
- Responsibility for asset maintenance and recommendation on improvement, replacement, modification and decommission.
- Ensure availability of non-stock/nil stock spares
- Determine equipment centre lines, track deviations, stop and fix any equipment deviating from standard operating parameters.
- Determining causes of breakdowns and giving solutions
- Order available spares from store during B/downs or maintenance.
- Deciding on which tasks to refer to ACM
Key Performance Indicators
- Execution of maintenance activities to plan i.e. zero maintenance excess.
- Deliver on quality by ensuring process parameters are controlled and maintained within recommended set values through equipment process validation
- New installations/plants operate as per agreed commissioning standards.
- Champion raising and closing of SIRCs
- Deliver plant Reliability
- Deliver plant Availability
- Weekly tracking and control of equipment MTTR & MTBF.
- Deliver on AOP Maintenance Cost Per HL
- Ensure delivery of zero harm agenda by ensuring 100% working of all equipment safety mechanisms
- Optimize water and energy usage as defined by OEM
- Supervise PPM completion and backlog management
- Alignment to training plan
- Alignment to walk about and inspection schedule
- Carry out failure mode analysis on replaced components for feedback to ACM, E&I engineer and OEM
- Lead delivery of RCPS as per defined triggers
- Compliance to audit one plan.
- Capturing all machine related issues in CMMS (SAP)
- Drive improvement through use of MMS tools (e.g. DMAICS, STM, FI etc)
- Standardizing of maintenance procedures and processes i.e. centre lining, process equipment codification
- Drive sustainability projects i.e. Energy and water optimization
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Higher national diploma with a min of 5 years proven experience or Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 2-5 years’ proven experience in the FMCG industry
- Knowledge of Mechanical Engineering & Process technology.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings, maintenance manuals, schematic drawings and general engineering specifications to carry out the job.
- Use of SAP – maintenance
- Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM)
- Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Assessment (FMECA)
- Asset care Best Practice
- Knowledge of Bottling procedures to avail plant utilities and equipment service
- Appreciation of procedures of personnel, stores, security and purchasing departments
- Trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to communicate in both written and oral formats.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.