Ship Chandling Officer Job at Express Shipping & Logistics (EA) Limited… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Express Shipping & Logistics (EA) Limited.
In 1992, for the first time ever, The Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers (UK) gave the first shipping award to a candidate from the African continent. The “CORY BROTHERS SHIPPING AWARD” went to ESL’s founder and Managing Director, Mr Silvester Kututa. This was the first of a series of international shipping and logistics awards in our gallery. ESL was established later, with the commitment to deliver tailor-made award winning Shipping and Logistics solutions to ship owners and cargo owners.
Sales & Marketing
- Market our ships chandelling business to vessel owners, charterers calling the port of Mombasa and Lamu.
- Implement new sales & marketing plans of our ships chandelling services to port users.
- Prepare a list of services to be offered and pricing.
- Acquiring customer leads from KPA 14 days list and sending proposals to the vessel owners on the services we provide.
- Understand vessel utilities and supplies required at specific calls.
- Ensure all suppliers shortlisted are onboarded as per the Procurement Policy.
- Supervise suppliers during service delivery of loading and unloading of goods on board supply boat and vessels.
- Conduct biannual supplier evaluations.
- Ensure an up to date supplier list and review of same on a biannual basis.
Chandelling operations service delivery
- Ensure service delivery is done within 24 hours of receipt of supply request.
- Verify and ensure that goods delivered are as per customer’s specified requirements on-board the vessel against a checklist.
- Supervise goods/service delivery to ensure quality especially during transfer (from truck to supply boat or truck to vessel or supply boat to vessel).
- Ensure proper handling of goods at all times.
Customer service/Stakeholder Management
- Conduct regular visits to vessel owners/charterers in order to maintain relationships, understand their needs, and anticipate new marketing opportunities.
- Be informed of new industry developments by attending educational opportunities, conferences, workshops, reading publications, and maintaining personal and professional networks.
- Conduct customer feedback after every vessel supply is done.
- Minimum Certificate or Diploma in business management or administration.
- Minimum 2 year progressive ship chandling experience
- Proficiency in computers is a must.
- Have a valid driving license
- Experience in sales and marketing an added advantage.
- Ability to work in a 24-hour cycle
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 15th June 2022.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.