Ship Chandling Officer Job at Express Shipping & Logistics (EA) Limited… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Express Shipping & Logistics (EA) Limited.
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links are affiliate links.
Looking for something new? Why not check out Amazon? They've got a huge selection of products to choose from. Happy shopping! Go to Amazon
In 1992, for the first time ever, The Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers (UK) gave the first shipping award to a candidate from the African continent. The “CORY BROTHERS SHIPPING AWARD” went to ESL’s founder and Managing Director, Mr Silvester Kututa. This was the first of a series of international shipping and logistics awards in our gallery. ESL was established later, with the commitment to deliver tailor-made award winning Shipping and Logistics solutions to ship owners and cargo owners.
Sales & Marketing
- Market our ships chandelling business to vessel owners, charterers calling the port of Mombasa and Lamu.
- Implement new sales & marketing plans of our ships chandelling services to port users.
- Prepare a list of services to be offered and pricing.
- Acquiring customer leads from KPA 14 days list and sending proposals to the vessel owners on the services we provide.
- Understand vessel utilities and supplies required at specific calls.
- Ensure all suppliers shortlisted are onboarded as per the Procurement Policy.
- Supervise suppliers during service delivery of loading and unloading of goods on board supply boat and vessels.
- Conduct biannual supplier evaluations.
- Ensure an up to date supplier list and review of same on a biannual basis.
Chandelling operations service delivery
- Ensure service delivery is done within 24 hours of receipt of supply request.
- Verify and ensure that goods delivered are as per customer’s specified requirements on-board the vessel against a checklist.
- Supervise goods/service delivery to ensure quality especially during transfer (from truck to supply boat or truck to vessel or supply boat to vessel).
- Ensure proper handling of goods at all times.
Customer service/Stakeholder Management
- Conduct regular visits to vessel owners/charterers in order to maintain relationships, understand their needs, and anticipate new marketing opportunities.
- Be informed of new industry developments by attending educational opportunities, conferences, workshops, reading publications, and maintaining personal and professional networks.
- Conduct customer feedback after every vessel supply is done.
- Minimum Certificate or Diploma in business management or administration.
- Minimum 2 year progressive ship chandling experience
- Proficiency in computers is a must.
- Have a valid driving license
- Experience in sales and marketing an added advantage.
- Ability to work in a 24-hour cycle
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 15th June 2022.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.