Specialist (Anesthesia) Job at Nairobi Hospital…See Details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Nairobi Hospital.
- Specialist (Anesthesia)
- Carry outpatient assessment, treatment and stabilization, and other specialized procedures to provide curative services in line with established protocols.
- Carry out specialized training of medical officers, nurses, senior registrars, and nursing students to impart knowledge and improve patient care.
- Participate in root cause analysis committees in the event of incidences, complaints, and/or poor clinical outcomes to ensure continuous improvement in inpatient care.
- Participate in continuous medical education to sharpen medical knowledge and skills in the area of specialization.
- Assist private consultants to carry out medical procedures on private patients to ensure optimal patient care.
- Develop and continuously review protocols in applicable specialty areas to enhance clinical management.
- Participate in research activities in the applicable specialty areas in line with set objectives.
- Mentor medical officers or senior registrars in clinical procedures to impart knowledge and improve patient care.
- Carry out weekly major ward rounds for applicable specialty area patients as applicable.
- Sign off senior registrars and prepare related recommendation letters to the Medical
- Practitioners and Dentist Council in fulfillment of their specialist recognition requirements.
- Master of Medicine degree in the applicable area of specialization as applicable from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery degree from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Council and hold a valid practicing license.
- Specialist recognition from the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Council
- Advanced Trauma Life Support training/ Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Certificate LSO Advanced Life Support training (applicable to Obstetrics -Gynaecology & Paediatrics)
- Minimum of 3 years practicing experience in Internal Medicine/Paediatrics/Obstetrics/Gynaecology as applicable.
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents, and Application to [email protected]
Note: Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Application Deadline: 24th September 2021.