Strategy Manager Job at Kyosk Digital Services… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Kyosk Digital Services.
A kiosk is an informal convenience store selling everyday household items. Known locally by their vernacular names e.g. Duka in Kenya, Spaza in South Africa, Kantemba in Zambia. kiosk-type retail outlets are the cornerstone of African retail, accounting for over 60% of all retail trade flows.
- Problem Solving: Work with the Business Intelligence Manager and the Head of Strategy and Data to identify key business issues, articulate the problem, apply the right analytical framework, develop solution and recommendations, represent findings to stakeholders. This includes problem definition and root cause analyses for challenges brought up by various departments and solution design for specific problem definition identified. Piloting or implementation support on a need basis
- Analysis Management: Support the Strategy Associate in undertaking business modelling, impact and feasibility assessment and other analysis to determine strategic directions and priorities and identify new business opportunities in the markets we operate in. Perform quality control and validation procedures on all aspects of analysis and reporting on strategic matters. Apply a broad knowledge of concepts and principles to develop analytical frameworks, approach and methodology best practices to analyze complex strategy issues, often applying ingenuity and originality to provide unique solutions
- Project Management: Support the delivery of the business’ strategic projects/workstreams and initiatives with the help of internal or external strategy consulting resources.
- Stakeholder management: Engage with various stakeholders within the business to drive the strategic agenda as guided by the Head of Strategy and Data. Provide light implementation support and monitoring at the first phase of initiative execution by an operational or country team. Ensure the needs of the various business stakeholders are met from a strategic perspective.
- Continuous improvement and growth: Continuously looking for strategic and growth opportunities for the business
- Business unit building: Recruiting and training necessary personnel for the Strategy team; Lead, inspire and manage a talented Strategy team to achieve the department’s goals and development potential. Hold frequent one-on-one sessions with the team and conduct monthly performance appraisals to guarantee an engaged, motivated and delivering team.
Minimum Requirements & Key Skills
- Bachelor degree in business administration, economics, engineering, computer sciences or similar;
- A minimum of 4 year’s work experience in a progressively developing role at a management consulting company (e.g. MBB, Big4 or similar) or within a start-up at a strategic role;
- Outstanding critical thinking, and a holistic, ecosystem-level view on the business
- In-depth demonstrable understanding of a business across the different functions (prior cross-functional exposure);
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to influence others, create alignment, generate a commitment to goals and inspire others to action;
- Experience leading complex and multi-stakeholder business projects;
- Excellent analytical skills with a demonstrable ability to capture and communicate projections as well as to model out various scenarios using Excel;
- Business acumen and an eye for the customers;
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative, discretion, and tact; ability to work under pressure.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 10th August 2022.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.