Study Coordinator Job at The Women’s Health Project… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at The Women’s Health Project.
The Women’s Health Project, established in 1993, is a collaborative effort of the University of Nairobi (UoN), the University of Washington (UW), the Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), Mombasa County, and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (FHCRC), and the US President’s Emergency Program for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
- Lead study logistics including coordinating fieldwork, data abstraction, and data entry
- Interpret and apply study protocol, providing field administrative accountability for implementation
- Train research staff and FP clinic staff on protocol and provide technical assistance as needed
- Act as study liaison with external stakeholders
- Apply data quality controls procedures
- Assist with the study’s ethics approval submission
- Work closely and congenially with the Principal Investigator and study team
- Perform any other assigned duties
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Holder of a Master’s degree in Social Sciences or related field
- Experience as Research Study Assistant/Coordinator or equivalent preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task with competing priorities
- Excellent knowledge of both the city and the peri-urban geographical region of Mombasa. The job may require extended travel to FP clinics in the County
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals
- Experience working in an ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse environment
- Able to work with minimal supervision, and be ready to work for long hours when necessary
- Fluency in English and Swahili
- At least 1 – 2 years’ experience in a research, program, or government setting
- Knowledge of implementation science research
- Have certification in good clinical practices and human subjects training.
- Ability to conduct qualitative research interviews, transcription and translation of qualitative data.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.