Sub-Editor Job at Nation Media Group…See Details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Nation Media Group.
- Checking and correcting editorial copy allocated by the Chief Sub-editor for facts, accuracy, libel, taste, house style, language use, clarity, details, objectivity and spelling.
- Subbing the copy to fit allocated space without distorting facts or dispensing with the salient points.
- Writing or rewriting the appropriate headline for the copy, ensuring it reflects the overriding message of the story.
- Selecting pictures to fit the allocated space, and writing/rewriting appropriate captions, taking care not to merely state the obvious details.
- Submitting the edited copy within set deadlines.
- Designing the editorial pages as directed by the Chief Sub-editor.
- Checking all headlines, captions, pictures, copy text and page logos, folios and all other page elements to sign off the pages within set deadlines.
- Checking copy and correcting any errors.
- Ensuring associated convergence elements are clearly sign-posted in print stories/pages.
- Adhering to the Group’s Social Media Policy as updated from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Diploma in mass communication.
- Three (3) years reporting or editing experience in a digital newsroom or publishing house, or modern communication-related fields.
- Mature, independent, self-driven and effective planner;
- Ability to write and edit, conduct research, and interpret data.
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 15th September 2021.