Supervisor Job – Litigation at Kenya Revenue Authority … See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Kenya Revenue Authority.
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
- Make proposals in the development of systems and procedures to enhance efficient and effective prevention and execution of business risks.
- Undertake research and preparation of legislation that impact on KRA and recommendations for any necessary amendments.
- Undertake the preparation of Memoranda of Understandings, bilateral and multilateral legal instruments with tax implications.
- Represent KRA in mainstream courts, Tax Tribunals, and other courts.
- Analyze Judgments and Rulings for post litigation revenue recovery on concluded cases by revenue Departments.
- Undertake the preparation of Pleadings and Defenses.
- A bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized institution
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Possess a valid Practicing Certificate (LSK)
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a similar role.
How to Apply
Closing Date: 31st August 2022.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.