Supply Chain Manager at Population Services International (PSI)…See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Population Services International (PSI).
We have been measurably improving the health of Kenyans since 1989. Our approach harnesses the vitality of the private sector to improve health outcomes for “Sara” – our archetype that focuses our interventions. We address the most serious health challenges affecting resource-poor and vulnerable communities in Kenya, including HIV/AIDS, reproductive health and family planning, and the greatest threats to children under five including malaria, diarrhea, pneumonia and malnutrition.
The Supply Chain Manager will plan, manage, and provide technical and operational oversight of supply chain activities – including engaging partners, procurement, logistics, transportation, and warehousing – to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of goods. The Supply Chain Manager’s knowledge and experience will allow them to anticipate and manage supply chain needs and challenges and introduce improvement solutions, using the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
The Manager will contribute to developing metrics and establish a monitoring and evaluation framework for tracking project progress, specifically tracking supply chain development among private sector partners. They will oversee market landscaping throughout the project to identify barriers and opportunities in the existing sanitation supply chain and provide recommendations that could strengthen the supply of market-based sanitation products and services to low-income consumers, including guidance on commercialization, distribution, production, and sales.
The Manager engages with relevant government/local partners to effectively foster coordination and partnerships with private sector manufacturing and distribution partners/stakeholders and ensure the institutionalization of capacity development for supply chain actors. The Supply Chain Manager has a passion for partnership development, knowledge sharing, capacity building, and a positive and action-oriented attitude.
What are we looking for?
- Master’s Degree in Management, Business Administration, Economics or Finance or a related field with six (6) years of demonstrated experience of which four (4) are at the managerial level; Or
- Bachelor’s degree Management, Business Administration, Economics or Finance or a related field with eight (8) years of demonstrated experience of which four (4) are at the managerial level
- Demonstrated experience in relevant areas such as private sector engagement, delivery of water and sanitation services, supply chain strengthening, social entrepreneurship
- Experience bringing new products and services to market, including experience with user-centered design, R&D, financial modeling, and commercialization
- Experience with suppliers and purchasing in the sanitation, hardware, or construction industry Experience in developing and selling consumer sanitation products or durable goods products highly desirable;
- Creative thinker who understands consumer needs and can find unique ways to develop existing/new products;
- Experience with business development services and capacity development with actors that provide those services.
- Demonstrates managerial courage to resolve conflicts and has excellent diplomatic, oral/written skills and presentation abilities;
- Fluent in English (spoken and written);
- References will be required.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 15 October. 2021
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.