Surveillance Specialist Job at FHI360 NGO… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at FHI360 NGO.
FHI 360 (formerly Family Health International) is a nonprofit human development organization based in North Carolina. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
- Collaborates with health officials, national and regional institutions, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and international donors to design, implement, monitor and evaluate surveillance strengthening activities.
- Serves as point person for EGHS work in country including leading planning, development, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of project surveillance activities.
- Provides technical assistance to project partners to implement surveillance activities.
- Identifies challenges and develops strategies for effective implementation of surveillance related activities.
- Provides support to review and update existing surveillance systems and toolkits
- Provides technical assistance to strengthen national expertise to manage health management information system platforms, analyze data and produce surveillance reports and other visualizations aligned with evidence-based practices and international standards.
- Represents the project on national technical working groups, as appropriate, and maintain contacts with other organizations engaged in GHSA activities.
- Coordinates with EGHS team in other countries to ensure commonalities and experience sharing within the project and across countries
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree or international equivalent in medicine, public health, or related field
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in infectious disease surveillance.
- Demonstrated experience implementing field-based surveillance methodology including analysis of epidemiologic investigation data
- Demonstrated report writing and presentation skills
- Experience working effectively with government counterparts at national and regional levels.
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team.
- Experience collaborating on projects and coordinating efforts with other program staff, other international health agencies, and private and non-profit organizations.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 31st July 2022.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.