Teacher Librarian at Aga Khan Academy… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Aga Khan Academy.
The Aga Khan Academies are an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN). The AKDN is a group of development agencies with mandates that include the environment, health, education, architecture, culture, microfinance, rural development, disaster reduction, the promotion of private-sector enterprise and the revitalisation of historic cities. AKDN agencies conduct their programmes without regard to faith, origin or gender. In 2000, His Highness the Aga Khan initiated the establishment of the Aga Khan Academies, an integrated network of schools to be located in countries across Africa, South and Central Asia, and the Middle East. When complete, the network of Academies will form a global learning community of about 18 schools in 14 countries. They will eventually serve approximately 14,000 girls and boys of exceptional calibre, graduating 1,500 students annually.
It is the role of the teacher librarian to manage the day-to-day operations of the library. The teacher librarian is also responsible for teaching a library and research based class for the students in grades 1 to 5. Teacher librarians are responsible for all aspects of the planning, preparation and delivery, and evaluating resource based programs for every student in the allocated classes. The Teacher Librarian shall work collaboratively with staff to deliver a supportive and engaging curriculum with inquiry at the centre of teaching and learning.
- Work collaboratively with library staff and classroom teachers in planning, teaching and learning in the PYP.
- Work collaboratively with classroom teachers to ensure information literacy skills and processes are integrated into curriculum based learning experiences.
- Model and encourage 21st Century collaborative learning behaviours, fully utilising available web technologies.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and interest in new and emerging technologies.
- Support the teachers in maintaining a positive and stimulating learning environment
- Promote and foster a culture of reading for enjoyment.
- Maintain the library as a centre of learning and inquiry for the school.
- Planning the library programme integrated with the overall school curricula.
- Developing a plan to evaluate the library programme in line with the curricula expectations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Library and Information Science plus a teaching qualification
- Proficiency in current technologies including but not limited to Microsoft Office packages
- 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- TSC Certificate
Method of Application
Closing Date : 5 November. 2021
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.