Oasis healthcare group is a company that runs a chain of facilities which aim to provide a 3 tier referral system to enable clients benefit from quality healthcare and also be seen by all appropriate healthcare cadre when need arises. It consists of skilled and dedicated health specialists, professionals, support staff, volunteers and physicians who promote wellness, prevent disease and injury, and provide healthcare every day to a diverse population in Kenya, especially those living in urban centres.
- Supervising theatre staff and their work; including training, mentoring, managing performance and ensuring coverage.
- Participate in formulating operating theatre processes and procedures, budgets, and guiding investments into theatre services
- Ensure safe, efficient and effective perioperative services are provided to patients.
- Ensure efficient scheduling and reduction in turn around time.
- Address all issues regarding patient care to ensure all patients / relatives and doctors are satisfied.
- Stewardship of theatre equipment, instruments, and infrastructure, maintaining an inventory, proper usage, storage and ensuring preventing maintenance
- Ensure infection control and prevention measures are adhered to and prevention of surgical site infections.
- Build strong relationships with theatre users, including surgeons and anaesthetists.
- Maintain accurate records and registers, including billings, incidents, patient notes and surgical cases
- Take part in surgical procedures.
- Maintenance of a professional, cost-effective theatre service including financial management and business planning.
- Any other duty as may be assigned.
- BSc Nursing/KRCHN
- Higher diploma in Perioperative Nursing with a valid practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- At least one year of experience in Theatre.
- Active BLS & ACLS certification
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.