Thematic Specialist (Relations with Armed Actors) Job at Save the Children… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Save the Children.
- Minimum 6 years international humanitarian field experience, including in conflict and restricted access environments.
- Minimum 3 years of Protection/Humanitarian programming, including demonstrated working knowledge and experience on CAAC and Peace and Security Programming/ANSA/Civ-Mil relations
- Solid understanding of the African Union Peace and Security Architecture, and Peace Support Operations in general.
- Solid experience of engagement and relations with Armed Actors, including Armed Non-State Actors, in the field.
- Solid understanding of humanitarian negotiations, gender peace and security, conflict sensitivity
- Demonstrated experience of capacity building of armed actors and humanitarian frontline negotiations.
- Demonstrated capability to make decisions with creativity and independent judgment
- Demonstrated experience in influencing to obtain the cooperation of others.
- Proven excellence in working in a team, being a team player, and significant experience working in an international organization.
- An appreciation and understanding of how to maneuver in a context of shrinking space for civil society, ensuring Save the Children’s integrity and child rights are not compromised
- Demonstrated knowledge of children’s issues, rights-based program approaches, and child safeguarding principles.
- Strong skills and proven experience in program management processes; also from the knowledge and learning perspective.
How to Apply
Interested and suitable applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 8th November 2021.