This article contains information on the UCT Online High School online and hard copy application forms for 2021/2022 admission as well as steps on how to Apply. It also contains the UCT Online High School Application form download link as well as its online application where necessary.
This article contains information on the UCT Online High School Application form and requirements for admission into certificate, professional & diploma programs for the 2021/2022 academic year. Applications are invited from suitably qualified SCHOOL LEAVERS, NON-SCHOOL LEAVERS, and SPECIAL CASES.
UCT ONLINE HIGH SCHOOL ADMISSION GUIDELINES AND FORMS
All applications for admission to the School must be submitted via the School website by the applicant’s guardian.
- Once the application has been submitted, this will be reviewed in line with the admissions criteria and communication con⁇rming whether the application for admission has been successful or unsuccessful will be sent to the applicant’s guardian(s) once a decision has been taken.
- Where an application for admission is successful, payment by the fee payer will be required to accept the place oﬀered to the applicant by paying the stipulated non-refundable placement fee by the date indicated in the communication of acceptance issued by the School. This placement fee will be indicated on the conditional oﬀer and is subject to the terms of the Fees.
- The School reserves its right to rescind a conditional oﬀer of a place to study at the School where the placement fee for the successful applicant has not been received by the School by the stipulated deadline.
- If the School denies admission, the guardian and / or applicant may request reasons for such a decision from the School. These reasons will be provided in writing by the School within a reasonable time after receiving the applicant’s request.
During application for admission
- All applications for admission to the School must be made online through the submission of the application form on the School’s website.
- The School’s prescribed online application form must be completed and agreed to by the applicant’s legal guardian. In the case of divorced or separated guardians who are responsible for the learner’s education, and who have the legal authority to apply for admission to the School, it is the responsibility of the guardian applying at the School to obtain consent, in writing, from their divorced or separated partner. Should the written consent of their divorced or separated partner not be required or not be possible to obtain, the guardian applying at the School must provide written proof of this fact (e.g. consent paper / order of court/ written affidavit signed before a Commissioner of Oaths, which must explain why such consent is not required or cannot be provided).
During the onboarding process
- We require a copy of the applicant’s birth certificate / identity document / passport.
- The latest original academic report card (or equivalent document) issued by the previous school; as well as a copy of the previous grade’s final results report.
- A copy of any additional reports that will assist the School in understanding the educational needs of the applicant, including, for example, physiotherapy reports, speech reports, occupational therapy reports, and remedial report.
- Please note that it is an oﬀence to provide false information regarding the age of a child.
- The School reserves its rights to verify all information and documentation supplied by an applicant for admission, and reserves its rights to terminate the enrolment agreement and take legal action against any applicant who intentionally provides false information and documentation.
UCT ONLINE HIGH SCHOOL APPLICATION FEE
The application fee is stated during the application process.
Make sure that your application is complete
If your application for admission to study through the UCT Online High School is incomplete, you will have to re-apply during the next application period
UCT ONLINE HIGH SCHOOL APPLICATION REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
All applicants starting a new qualification must upload all the required documents, which generally consists of the following:
- Birth Certificate/Identity Document (Proof of application for new ID/Passport)
- Most recent Academic results
- Municipal billing document/other account statements (not older than 3 months)
UCT ONLINE HIGH SCHOOL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The selection of learners for admission to the School shall be based on an assessment of the following factors (in no particular order):
- Whether a complete application for admission (being a complete set of all information requested in terms of the online application) has been submitted with payment of the non-refundable application fee.
- The age of the applicant. The School oﬀers a Senior Phase and National Senior Certificate experience and may not be able to oﬀer admission to applicants below or above the appropriate The table below outlines the appropriate and set age boundaries per grade:
|Grade of Entry||Standard age at start of grade||Minimum age at start of grade||Maximum age at start of grade|
- Registration for homeschooling: Where an applicant is under the age of 15 years, the guardian must take responsibility for ensuring that they meet the local regulatory requirements for their child to be completing their studies through the mode of provision oﬀered by the School. Guardians may seek advice from the Admissions Team at the School on this matter, but ultimate responsibility for ensuring educational regulatory compliance and all other forms of compliance rests with the guardian(s).
- Whether the applicant holds the stipulated prerequisites for a subject, where relevant, and has met promotion requirements for the grade immediately below the grade to which the admission application relates.
- Whether the School is able to meet the educational needs of the applicant (including, but not limited to, any special educational needs of the learner). For learners who are diﬀerently abled, please refer to UCT Online High School’s Accessibility & Accommodations Policy
- If the School is able to meet these needs, an applicant with any barrier to learning will be required to complete a literacy assessment.
- The capacity of the applicant to meet the academic requirements of the syllabus, the determination of which will be through assessment of the applicant’s most recent previous school result
- Applicants who do not meet the standard promotion requirements may be eligible to undertake a Placement Test to assess literacy.
- The willingness of the applicant to participate in, and add value to, all areas of School life.
- The academic aptitude of the applicant is appropriate for entry into the particular qualification / subject to which the admission application relates.
- The applicant will be able to balance the academic demands of the School with all other demands of the School, including the demands associated with a learner’s participation in learner-led virtual clubs, group academic sessions, and learner-led study group
- Whether the applicant will benefit from the programme of the School given their proficiency in English, which is the language of learning and teaching at the School. The inability of a learner to communicate eﬀectively in English may place an unreasonable limitation on their academic progress at the School.
UCT Online High School Online Application Portal
- To apply, kindly visit the UCT Online High School Application Portal.
UCT Online High School Online Application Deadline
- Applications for admission to study at the School may be submitted at any time during the year. To be considered for admission for a specific start date however, the application must be submitted to the School before the closing dates, as listed on the School’s website.
- UCT Online High School Fee Structure >>>
- UCT Online High School List of Courses >>>
- UCT Online High School Student Portal >>>
- UCT Online High School Admission Requirements >>>
- How to Access UCT Online High School eLearning Portal >>>
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly & follow us on Follow @coursediscovery OR