This article contains information on University of the Free State (UFS) Postgraduate Admission and Application Forms: 2021/2022 and how to Apply. It also contains the University of the Free State (UFS) Postgraduate Application form download link as well as its online application where necessary.
This article contains information on the University of the Free State (UFS) Application form and Requirements for admission into the following programmes for the 2021/2022 academic year.
- Any UFS Postgraduate programmes
Applications to study for the listed postgraduate programmes above in 2021/2022 are now open for both internal and external applications. INTERNAL APPLICANTS are students currently registered at UFS for the 2021/2022 academic year. EXTERNAL APPLICANTS refer to any graduate who meet requirements for the qualification.
UNIVERSITY OF THE FREE STATE, UFS POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDIES
- Admission requirements vary considerably and you are advised to consult the Student Enrolment Centre or Faculty information booklet for current requirements.
UNIVERSITY OF THE FREE STATE, UFS POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION GUIDELINES AND FORMS
Postgraduate Applications for study at the University of the Free State (UFS) in 2021/2022 are fully online.
University of the Free State (UFS) Postgraduate Application Procedures
- Step 1: Read through the admission requirements and selection criteria of the programme as outlined above
- Step 2: If satisfied that you meet the general admission requirements and specific subjects requirements, then complete the electronic application form.
- Step 3: Prepare an electronic copy of your academic record as well as documents to upload.
- Step 4: click here for more information on how to apply.
- It is important to note that ALL Postgraduate programmes are selection programmes.
- In some instances Honours, Masters and Doctoral students are expected to apply directly to the department or to pre-register. Please refer to the specific Faculty and departmental information to determine whether you need apply directly or to pre-register. Visit the Faculty and specific department web page for more information.
- Each prospective student must complete the online application.
- Once your online application has been submitted and processed, you will receive a student number (Reference number).
- Receiving a student number (Reference number) does NOT imply that you have been accepted by the University of the Free State yet.
- Admission is a separate process when your application will be evaluated by the relevant faculty.
- Before you submit your online application and upload/email documents, please visit the relevant faculty/department website to confirm additional documentation that may be required e.g. departmental application form, CV, motivation, reports, dissertation/thesis proposal etc. Visit the Faculty and specific department web page for more information.
- Applicants transferring from another university/tertiary institution are required to upload a full academic record/transcript, degree/diploma certificate and SAQA certificate if you hold a foreign/ international qualification .
- Advanced Diploma qualifications are classified as undergraduate. It is however processed (administratively) as a postgraduate qualification due to previous studies involved.
You may monitor your application status online Here
UFS Postgraduate Application Fee
- Application fee for Postgraduate applications from South Africa and SADC region is R100
- Application fee for Postgraduate applications from outside of the SADC region is R300
UPDATING YOUR APPLICATION
You need to submit additional documents to the Admissions Office. This may include the following:
- Certified paper copies of documents uploaded online as part of your application
- Academic transcripts which may not have been available at the time of your application must be uploaded to our student system; please log in using your username and password, and complete the submission; certified paper copies of such uploaded documents must be submitted
- Where applicable, evidence of English language proficiency must be provided
SUBMISSION DATES FOR SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS AND ACADEMIC RECORDS
The UFS University reserves the right to cancel any application if all the necessary certified paper copies or original transcripts are
not submitted on time.
UFS POSTGRADUATE APPLICATION DEADLINE
For closing dates, please inquire with the relevant department.
- University of the Free State Semester Registration Guidelines & Portal >>>
- University of the Free State Self Service Portal >>>
- University of the Free State PGCE Application Forms >>>
- University of the Free State Registration Dates and Deadline >>>
- University of the Free State Email Address >>>
- University of the Free State Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- University of the Free State eLearning Portal >>>
- University of the Free State Application Deadline >>>
- Download University of the Free State Prospectus in PDF >>>
- University of the Free State Admission Requirements >>>
- List of Courses Offered at University of the Free State >>>
- University of the Free State Fee Structure >>>
- University of the Free State Admission Points Score and How to Calculate your APS >>>
- How to Check your University of the Free State Application Status >>>
- University of the Free State Academic Calendar >>>
- University of the Free State Student Portal >>>