This article contains information on University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) Postgraduate Admission and Application Forms: 2021/2022 and how to Apply. It also contains the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) Postgraduate Application form download link as well as its online application where necessary.
This article contains information on the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) Application form and Requirements for admission into the following programmes for the 2021/2022 academic year.
- Any UKZN Postgraduate programmes
Applications to study for the listed postgraduate programmes above in 2021/2022 are now open for both internal and external applications. INTERNAL APPLICANTS are students currently registered at UKZN for the 2021/2022 academic year. EXTERNAL APPLICANTS refer to any graduate who meet requirements for the qualification.
UNIVERSITY OF KWAZULU-NATAL, UKZN POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDIES
- Admission requirements vary considerably and you are advised to consult the Student Enrolment Centre or Faculty information booklet for current requirements.
UNIVERSITY OF KWAZULU-NATAL, UKZN POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION GUIDELINES AND FORMS
Postgraduate Applications for study at the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) in 2021/2022 are both manual and online.
University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) Postgraduate Online Application Procedures
- Step 1: Read through the admission requirements and selection criteria of the programme as outlined above
- Step 2: If satisfied that you meet the general admission requirements and specific subjects requirements, then complete the electronic application form.
- Step 3: Prepare an electronic copy of your academic record as well as documents to upload.
- Step 4: click here for more information on how to apply.
Please remember to upload the following documents (where applicable):
- Certified copy of your ID/passport.
- Certified copy of your National Senior/Matric Certificate or O/A Levels or relevant school leaving qualification/certificate.
- Proof from Universities South Africa (previously known as HESA), that you qualify for admission to degree studies at South Africa universities, if you are an international applicant. For more information, refer to the undergraduate prospectus
- Certified copies of your degree certificate(s), academic record and certificate of conduct, if you attended other universities.
- Proof of English proficiency for International applicants from non-English speaking countries.
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) evaluations if the previous qualification(s) was/were obtained at foreign universities (outside South Africa).
- A research proposal/proposed title of the dissertation/thesis if you are applying for a Masters Degree or PhD.
- A valid study visa to study in SA if you are an International applicant.
- Before applying online please make sure that you have read the guidelines above.
- Please ensure that you have the USAf/SAQA documents to be uploaded in order to complete your application.
- Please ensure to use reference APPN (followed by your student number) when making application fee payment.
- Please allow the system 24 hrs to 48 hrs to clear your payment.
- South African First time Undergraduate applicants must apply via CAO at: www.cao.ac.za
University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) Postgraduate Manual Application Procedures
Application for admission to Postgraduate Certificates, Postgraduate Diplomas, Honours, Masters and PhD programmes must be made on the Postgraduate Application Form.
How To Obtain A UKZN Postgraduate Application Form
- Download a 2022 Postgraduate Application Form OR
- Contact the UKZN Applications and Information Office on 031 260 2212/7877 or 033 260 5212 to request an applications form and Postgraduate Application Guide.
- Forms are also available from the Postgraduate Offices at the telephone numbers provided in the Postgraduate Application Guide OR
- Write to [email protected] to request application material
- Provide your existing student number at the top of page one if previously registered at UDW,UN or UKZN
- List your programme choices on page one of the application form. Please write the name of the programme in full and indicate the relevant campus
- Indicate if you would like to be considered for accommodation in one of the UKZN residences. Limited accommodation is available for postgraduate students.
- Your student number must be quoted in all correspondence/enquiries to the UKZN
- UKZN requires an application fee of R210
- If you are a current student and you have been registered in the previous academic year you will not be required to pay an application fee. If you have been out of the system for two semesters or more you are required to pay the standard application fee.
- Current students wanting to apply for postgraduate certificate, Postgraduate Diploma and Honours prorgamme must apply on the internal Application form for admission to graduate studies. A form can be downloaded HERE.
- Current students wanting to apply for admission to Masters and PhD studies must complete the Postgraduate Application Form.
- Current students will not be required to pay an application fee.
Second Semester Intake
- Download an application for second semester intake HERE
- Application fee: R200
- Completed Application Form with the required documentation must be emailed to [email protected]
You may monitor your application status online Here
UKZN Postgraduate Application Fee
- Application fee for Postgraduate applications is R200
Details For The Application Fee Account For South African Applicants
- Name: University Of KwaZulu-Natal
- Bank: Standard Bank
- Acc. No: 053080998
- Branch: Westville
- Branch Code: 045426
- Reference: F001 11402 With Applicant’s Full Name
Please provide your details on the deposit slip. Submit proof of payment on submission of your application.
UPDATING YOUR APPLICATION
You need to submit additional documents to the Admissions Office. This may include the following:
- Certified paper copies of documents uploaded online as part of your application
- Academic transcripts which may not have been available at the time of your application must be uploaded to our student system; please log in using your username and password, and complete the submission; certified paper copies of such uploaded documents must be submitted
- Where applicable, evidence of English language proficiency must be provided
SUBMISSION DATES FOR SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS AND ACADEMIC RECORDS
The UKZN University reserve the right to cancel any application if all the necessary certified paper copies or original transcripts are
not submitted on time.
UKZN POSTGRADUATE APPLICATION DEADLINE
- Please consult the Postgraduate Application Guide and your College for information on closing dates.
- Closing dates for Colleges and Schools may vary.
- Please attach certified copies of documentation requested on the application form.
- University of KwaZulu-Natal Semester Registration Guidelines & Portal >>>
- University of KwaZulu-Natal Self Service Portal >>>
- University of KwaZulu-Natal PGCE Application Forms >>>
- University of KwaZulu-Natal Registration Dates and Deadline >>>
- University of KwaZulu-Natal Moodle Portal Login >>>
- University of KwaZulu-Natal Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- University of KwaZulu-Natal eLearning Portal >>>
- How to Apply for University of KwaZulu-Natal Student Computer Loan >>>
- List of Online Courses Offered at University of KwaZulu-Natal >>>
- University of KwaZulu-Natal Application Deadline >>>
- Download University of KwaZulu-Natal Prospectus in PDF >>>
- University of KwaZulu-Natal Postgraduate Online Application Procedure >>>
- University of KwaZulu-Natal Admission Requirements >>>
- List of Courses Offered at University of KwaZulu-Natal >>>
- University of KwaZulu-Natal Fee StrUKZNure >>>
- List of UKZN Financial Aids >>>
- University of KwaZulu-Natal Admission Points Score and How to Calculate your APS >>>
- How to Check your University of KwaZulu-Natal Application Status >>>
- University of KwaZulu-Natal Academic Calendar >>>
- University of KwaZulu-Natal Student Portal >>>
- University of KwaZulu-Natal Student Email >>>
- How to Access your UKZN Staff Email >>>
- UKZN Email Address >>>
- University of KwaZulu-Natal Application & Registration Fees >>>