Application for the Undergraduate International Merit Scholarship in USA – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the University of Southern Maine in USA.
This scheme aims to attract highly capable new international students with demonstrated academic excellence to study full time in any undergraduate courses at the University of Southern Maine. This scholarship is divided into three parts which are USM Scholarship – $8,000/year, Dirigo Scholarship – $10,000/year, and President’s Scholarship – $12,000/year.
The University of Southern Maine was established as two separate state universities, Gorham Normal School and the University of Maine at Portland in 1878. It comprises four welcoming and supportive campuses Portland, Gorham, and Lewiston in the U.S. state of Maine. It carries an excellent reputation for teaching quality and research.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
INTERNATIONAL MERIT SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applications are accepted from around the world
- Undergraduate degree program in accounting, history, art, science, engineering, business, IT, etc.
- Are international students
- Have enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at the university.
- Taking admission to an undergraduate degree program at the University of Southern Maine requires a high school diploma.
- For most of the courses, the university accepts TOEFL and IELTS.
INTERNATIONAL MERIT SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- There is no separate application process as all the candidates will automatically be considered for this application program.
Application must include:
- Candidates will have to provide the following documents as a part of the application for admission: Pre-qualification degree, copies of academic transcripts, certificates of English language proficiency, a statement, and a copy of passport.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before October 15, 2021 will be considered.