The application for the University of the Western Cape (UWC) School of Public Health Postdoctoral Fellowship for the academic year 2022 is now open for all South African students in South Africa.
The University of the Western Cape (UWC) School of Public Health hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the University of the Western Cape (UWC) School of Public Health Postdoctoral Fellowship. It is meant for students that intend to, or are currently studying towards programmes that are aligned to the following listed below:
- University of the Western Cape (UWC) School of Public Health Postdoctoral programmes
The School of Public Health, University of the Western Cape will recruit a full-time Postdoctoral Fellow beginning from September 2021. The Postdoctoral Fellow will be required to register at the University of the Western Cape, and will work on a 3-year project that aims to strengthen community engagement in public health research in South Africa.
The University of the Western Cape (UWC) School of Public Health Postdoctoral Fellowship programme assists by supporting financially deserving students with great academic potential to take their first steps in achieving their dreams and obtaining their postdoctoral degree. University of the Western Cape (UWC) School of Public Health Postdoctoral Fellowship programme aims to fund academically deserving students who do not have the financial means to study full-time towards a postdoctoral degree.
Update: How to Apply for the 2021 NSIMA Bursary
UWC SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
Eligible applicants are required to have:
- Completed a PhD in the last five years and may not have held a prior permanent academic post. For applicants who did not obtain their qualification in South Africa, a valid SAQA certificate should be in hand at the time of application.
- Experience and expertise in qualitative primary research and evidence synthesis.
- A strong academic record with evidence of research experience and peer reviewed publications.
- All candidates will be considered, but preference will be given to a suitably qualified South African citizen or permanent resident.
- grant-writing and project management experience, including ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders;
- experience organising online and face-to-face workshops and engagements; and
- teaching and postgraduate supervision experience.
The fellowship is initially available for one year, starting from September 2021 (or close to that), ranging between R330000.00 and R370000.00 (tax-free) per annum. Renewal for further years (up to a maximum of 3 years) will be considered depending on satisfactory performance and continued funding.
HOW TO APPLY FOR UWC SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP
Eligible candidates should provide the following:
- A cover letter by the candidate motivating suitability to the position available.
- A one-page summary outlining their research interest and how this opportunity may advance that.
- A full CV including all conference attendance, publications and other scholarly research output.
- Evidence of publication record and writing skills (which can be copies of or a link to a relevant peer-reviewed publication).
- An academic transcript.
- Names and contact details of at least 3 referees who have supervised or worked with the candidate and can speak to their experience and skills.
Enquiries and completed application should be forwarded to Carnita Ernest, [email protected]. Please use subject heading: Application for Postdoctoral Fellowship.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted by no later than 5pm on 30 July 2021.
- How to Apply for the SAMRC RCDI-nested Postdoc Fellowship >>>
- How to Apply for the CETA Bursary >>>
- How to Apply for the Unisa Honours Bursary >>>
- How to Apply for the GrandWest Bursary >>>
- How to Apply for the UWC Financial Aid
- How to Apply for the FoodBev SETA Research and Innovation Bursary >>>
- How to Apply for the DAC Bursaries for Heritage-related Studies >>>
- How to Apply for the Multichoice Bursary >>>
- How to Apply for the University of Nairobi Research and Innovation Fellowship >>>
- How to Apply for the NRF Postgraduate Scholarships >>>
- How to Apply for the Vaal University NDT Level Certification Bursary >>>
- How to Apply for the GCRA Bursary >>>