Virtual Academy Coordinator Job at African Population And Health Research Center… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at African Population And Health Research Center.
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is leading Africa-based, African-led, international research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, and conducting policy-relevant research on population, health, education, urbanization and related development issues on the continent.
- Support effective use of technology in designing of short courses, training and the related help-desk systems and infrastructure that support a technologically rich learning environment.
- Monitor the implementation progress, performing assessment and evaluation of the Virtual Academy.
- Support the development of online courses in virtual learning management system (Moodle) and assist facilitators to produce e-learning materials by guiding in instructional design as follows:
- Set up courses on the platform, manage courses by registering users, supporting facilitators, and training users and facilitators on how to navigate the platform;
- Record, edit and upload recordings, screencasts and “how-to” videos; and
- Collaborate with course teams to optimize the learner experience.
- Oversee the delivery of scheduled online courses in Moodle. Specifically:
- Provide logistical and technical support before, during and after the online learning course;
- Monitor facilitators and participant engagement throughout the session;
- Ensure high quality service delivery and responsiveness to clients’ needs;
- Design quality standards for online facilitators, and regularly report on the quality of training courses including facilitation quality;
- Ensure facilitators have access to materials by organizing and backing-up materials, updating, and archiving them on the system;
- Proactively develop project ideas and proposals for engagement with prospective participants on long-term capacity building programs; and
- Develop and implement online training quality assurance system (QA), ensuring it is consistent with the Center’s M&E and QA standards.
- Liaise with the IT team and be responsible for the installation (where applicable) and maintenance of Moodle, WordPress Community of Practice, etc.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Master’s degree in Information System Management, Information Technology, Instructional Design, Educational Technology or a related field.
- Relevant professional certification or qualification desired (e.g. CISAK, CSK, ICTAK, ACM, NPA, CompTIA, AITP etc.).
- Minimum 3 years of related experience working on e-learning projects (learning management systems and instructional design) or in technologically-rich learning environments, preferably Moodle and WordPress.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a multicultural environment.
- Proven experience in initiating and implementing new projects.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Strong digital skills including a good understanding of the features of Moodle and WordPress.
- Virtual Google Cloud Workspace environment management skills.
- Excellent technical trouble-shooting skills and proactive approach to problem solving.
- PHP and MySQL Database management skills.
- Previous experience in an educational or training institution and curriculum development.
- Good attention to detail, organized and ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Strong Linux/Unix knowledge.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.