This article contains information on University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) Postgraduate Admission and Application Forms: 2021/2022 and how to Apply. It also contains the University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) Postgraduate Application form download link as well as its online application where necessary.
This article contains information on the University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) Application form and Requirements for admission into the following programmes for the 2021/2022 academic year.
- Any WITS Postgraduate programmes
Applications to study for the listed postgraduate programmes above in 2021/2022 are now open for both internal and external applications. INTERNAL APPLICANTS are students currently registered at WITS for the 2021/2022 academic year. EXTERNAL APPLICANTS refer to any graduate who meet requirements for the qualification.
UNIVERSITY OF THE WITWATERSRAND, WITS POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDIES
- Admission requirements vary considerably and you are advised to consult the Student Enrolment Centre or Faculty information booklet for current requirements.
UNIVERSITY OF THE WITWATERSRAND, WITS POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION GUIDELINES AND FORMS
Postgraduate Applications for study at the University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) in 2021/2022 are fully online.
University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) Postgraduate Application Procedures
- Step 1: Read through the admission requirements and selection criteria of the programme as outlined above
- Step 2: If satisfied that you meet the general admission requirements and specific subjects requirements, then complete the electronic application form.
- Step 3: Prepare an electronic copy of your academic record as well as documents to upload.
- Step 4: click here for more information on how to apply.
Further Application steps:
- Certain programmes require addition departmental forms. Complete and return these forms within the timeframe for submission
- Please note that all pure research applicants, before being admitted to a research degree, a candidate needs to approach the HOD for the particular school or department to discuss choice of research topic and availability of a supervisor. This has to be done before an application can be made.
- Pay the required application fee as stated below.
- Once your application is complete, it is referred to the relevant school for assessment. Each application is considered individually. There is no set time frame for decision-making. Most schools make a final decision at the end of the academic year or at the beginning of the new academic calendar
You may monitor your application status online Here
WITS Postgraduate Application Fee
- Application fee for Postgraduate applications from South Africa and SADC region is R100
- Application fee for Postgraduate applications from outside of the SADC region is R300
UPDATING YOUR APPLICATION
You need to submit additional documents to the Admissions Office. This may include the following:
- Certified paper copies of documents uploaded online as part of your application
- Academic transcripts which may not have been available at the time of your application must be uploaded to our student system; please log in using your username and password, and complete the submission; certified paper copies of such uploaded documents must be submitted
- Where applicable, evidence of English language proficiency must be provided
SUBMISSION DATES FOR SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS AND ACADEMIC RECORDS
A. Wits University
Applicants who are or have been registered students at this University are not required to submit a copy of their Wits academic record.
In the case of other applicants the following applies:
B. South African Universities*
If you are or have been registered as a student at another South African university you should:
• request the university concerned to send a full transcript of your academic record to the Student Enrolment Centre;
• attach certified copies of all your degree certificates to your application form (certification may not be older than 3 months);
• send to the Student Enrolment Centre, a certificate of conduct and, where applicable, a copy of the published results for the current year as soon as the results are available in the form of an official academic record. Any such documentation must bear the stamp of the Registrar and the signature of an authorised member of staff of that university.
C. Foreign Universities*
If you have been or are at present a registered student at a university or similar institution outside the Republic of South Africa, you must:
- attach certified copies of all your degree certificates to your application form and request the university or institution concerned to send a full transcript of your academic record to the Student Enrolment Centre;
include all details of courses undertaken and the marks obtained.
You are also advised that after receipt of the initial application, you may be asked to submit full details of the syllabuses of previous degrees to assist with the evaluation of the application. Documentation not in English must be accompanied by an original sworn translation, signed by a Notary Public.
Academic transcripts must be original copies. Degree / diploma certificates may be original documents or copies certified by a
Commissioner of Oaths. Your foreign degrees have to be evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) in Pretoria.
The WITS University reserve the right to cancel any application if all the necessary certified paper copies or original transcripts are
not submitted on time.
WITS POSTGRADUATE APPLICATION DEADLINE
Applications for most higher degrees by research may be lodged at any time during the year and candidature may commence before October. There are exceptions, however, and applicants are advised to check with the Student Enrolment Centre.
For coursework degrees candidates may only register in January or July in some cases. However applicants are advised to check with the Student Enrolment Centre.
For international applicants the closing date for applications may be even earlier and applicants are advised to check with the Student Enrolment Centre.
- University of the Witwatersrand Semester Registration Guidelines & Portal >>>
- University of the Witwatersrand Self Service Portal >>>
- University of the Witwatersrand PGCE Application Forms >>>
- University of the Witwatersrand Registration Dates and Deadline >>>
- University of the Witwatersrand Moodle Portal Login >>>
- University of the Witwatersrand Jobs and Recruitment >>>
- University of the Witwatersrand eLearning Portal >>>
- How to Apply for University of the Witwatersrand Student Computer Loan >>>
- List of Online Courses Offered at University of the Witwatersrand >>>
- University of the Witwatersrand Application Deadline >>>
- Download University of the Witwatersrand Prospectus in PDF >>>
- University of the Witwatersrand Postgraduate Online Application Procedure >>>
- University of the Witwatersrand Admission Requirements >>>
- List of Courses Offered at University of the Witwatersrand >>>
- University of the Witwatersrand Fee StrWITSure >>>
- List of WITS Financial Aids >>>
- University of the Witwatersrand Admission Points Score and How to Calculate your APS >>>
- How to Check your University of the Witwatersrand Application Status >>>
- University of the Witwatersrand Academic Calendar >>>
- University of the Witwatersrand Student Portal >>>
- University of the Witwatersrand Student Email >>>
- How to Access your WITS Staff Email >>>
- WITS Email Address >>>
- University of the Witwatersrand Application & Registration Fees >>>