Youth Liaison Officer at United States International University – USIU Africa… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at United States International University – USIU Africa.
United States International University – Africa is located in the Kasarani area, off Thika Road in the suburb of Kenya’s capital city of Nairobi. The university is an independent, not-for-profit institution serving 6512 students representing 69 nationalities. It offers 24 degree programs from undergraduate to doctoral level, all of which are accredited in Kenya and the United States of America.
- This role will provide county level youth coordination support to the USAID Empowered Youth Project.
- The Youth Officer will report to the USIU-Africa Project Field Outreach Coordinator.
- Lead on youth coordination activities.
- Recruit and select youth to join the program.
- Provide technical training on entrepreneurship, career development and life skills transformation.
- Liaison with youth groups as need arises.
- Undertake field visits and meetings with project staff, donors and partners.
- Facilitate partnerships and engagement activities with county governments.
- Provide support to relevant staff at partner level during project visits to enhance their capacity.
- Present project updates and reports to the line manager.
- Support in coordinating training session at select counties.
- Design online data collection instruments.
- Planning and collecting data using a variety of methods including but not limited to field data collection, key informant interviews, telephone, and online surveys.
- Coordinate field surveys.
- Assist with drafting and editing of project reports.
- Developing, implementing and evaluating key stakeholder interviews.
- Undertake desk reviews, data analysis and data visualization.
- The Youth Liaison Officer will be expected to perform other relevant duty as may be required by the line supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Business or Social Sciences.
- Minimum of 2-years’ experience working with the youth.
- Experience working on youth related projects in Isiolo, Kakamega, Kisumu, Nakuru, Kiambu, and Mombasa will be an added advantage.
- Adept with business and entrepreneurial skills.
- High degree of discipline to interact and work with youth.
- Ability to work under tight schedules and meet deadlines.
- Data collection, analysis and visualization
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 29 November. 2021
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.